Monday, November 30, 2009

Centralia

The front page of the NT News today read 'Boat rescues 500kg cow', yesterday it was 'Man drives over explosives to see what happens'. Nowhere else.

This morning on my ride I saw a man start beating up a woman, kicking her while she was on the ground, and then I went to work to work on my little, segregated section of the issue. Snot.

It troubles me deeply but I have adopted as my mantra two guiding policies 'do no harm', and 'if you're too frustrated, you can't do your job'. I often think if you aren't making things worse up here then maybe you're making them better.

The kids I get to work with are cheeky, confident, keen and cute. Aargh, what lives will they be living in 10 years time?!

I wish I could ride a bmx with no pants on...

Big smiles, snotty noses, azithromycin and cheese sticks

The colours of community

No comments: